Q: What kind of fish feed pellet machine is suitable for me?
Simply speaking, the dry type fish feed pellet machine is better and economic for the small and medium size user or factory while the wet type is suitable for large fish pond holders and feed pellet manufacturers. You can choose it based on your need.
Q: Does the fish pellet machine can only make feed pellets for fish?
A: No. It’s not only can make high-grade aquatic feed pellets for fish, catfish, shrimps, crab etc., but also can make pellets for cat, dog, etc.
Q: What kind of pellets can be made by your fish feed pellet machine?
A: The size of pellet is based on the diameter of the die moulds. We can customized die moulds with diameter of 0.9-15mm. Feed pellets made by our extruder can float on the water surface for over 12 hours. While the floating time can be adjusted when the pellets are extruded.
Q: How do I evaluate a feed to know if it is good?
A: 1. Place some of the feed in a glass of water. If the pellets disintegrate or fall apart within less than 30 minutes, it means the feed is not cooked properly and the feed conversion ratio will be high.
2. Look at the color of the feed. If you can distinguish many different grains, then the ingredients were not ground finely enough.
3. Try some feed for some fish in a pond; keep records of the amount of feed given, the weight of fish at the start and the weight of fish at the end of the trial. Calculate FCR(feed conversion ratio). Multiply FCR times the price of the feed. Compare to the other feed choice. If the numbers are similar, the lower FCR is better because it will result in faster growth rates.
Q: How to prolong the service life of the extruder?
A:1. Raw materials should be cleaned up to avoid metal or other foreign objects inside, which prevents the damage to the machine.
2. Keep the equipment clean around.
3. Always check the quality of extruded materials, attention to replacement of wearing parts.
4. If long-term shut down or replacement of extruded materials, materials extruded cavity should be cleaned to prevent caking, mildew or cross contamination of materials.
Q: How to identify the screw worn out?
A: This situation can be identified through the clearance between chamber inner wall and screw flight profile. The normal clearance is 1.5mm-2.0mm. When it larger than 5mm, pellets in different sizes are produced. In this case, it is necessary to replace the worn screw with a new one.
Q: How to identify and solve die holes blocked?
A: Die holes blocked by large ground particles or foreign matters (usually are accumulated residues), especially when extruding small pellets.
Production problems in this case are easy to be identified. The finished pellets usually are uniform at the beginning of production, but this performance cannot sustain for a long time and pellets in large size and small size generated.
In this case, it has to stop the extruder to clean the die holes. In order to avoid die hole blockage, the ground particle size of raw material should not exceed 1/3 of the die.
Q: Do you supply the whole fish feed product line?
A: Yes. We can supply a fish feed product line include feed hammer mill, powder mixer, fish feed pellet extruder, feed pellet dryer, fish feed pellet cooler, fish feed pellet weighing and packing machine. The capacity is around 60 to 5000kg/h.
Q: Do you supply after-sale service?
A: Yes. We supply 1 year guarantee and reliable after-sale service. We supply professional technical support for lifetime. And we can offer free formula to our customers.